Honesty and Business Ethics
This week was a really enjoyable one. I was able to look inside myself a lot this week and see why things have happened the way they have. Owning our business I stopped pushing myself after we started to have big results. As we are making the most money we've ever made I stopped trying and just rode the money wave. Well after a year that money wave got a lot smaller and we were very behind when it came to getting back onto the next wave. Others came into the market that pushed us out and we had to do something and nothing was working. We will have our business but I learned that you can't ever feel like you "got it" because that is when you'll lose it all.
This led us to seminary which I am so grateful for but it's also stretching me and helping me grow again. I am learning so much about not just going half way but being truly honest in my work. I could get away with some things with our business but not with this new position in life. I need to be all in on so many levels and I love that.
I really enjoyed the read "formula for happiness" I love the steps and I really like the get up early step. I personally love mornings and find a lot of joy being up before everyone else. I tend to run first thing if I am up early and I love coming back from a run and the house is still quite and still. Second he says to work hard. Like explained above when I stopped working hard things fell apart. I pray I can work hard with seminary and learn all I can to help these students have meaningful powerful experiences in the classroom. Find your oil. I think I have found it but I know there is much much more God has in store for my little family and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment