This week was an amazing one. We went to Surprise Arizona where we will be living for seminary. Looked at the house we are buying and talked about the things we'd like to do to make it our "home". It'll take about $11,000 of investing time and resources for the backyard (which is all dirt) and the paint and trim and carpet. I love the talk from Guy this week that money isn't all that we think it is. Yes we need it for life but if we have more of it, the nice car, etc it doesn't mean we've made it. I think buying this house and putting a little bit of money into it we will be able to have more joy rather than just sitting on the money and saving it. I've been thinking about money a lot lately with selling our current home. I grew up having no money and very poor. Now that we are doing okay and life is cozy it's hard for me to think that you can use your money to make more money but also to make more memories and enjoy life. I have been thinking about what I enjoy doing and what I can do with my time to make the money we'll need to survive and have a good life. I am excited for the thoughts that are going through my mind about the future plans we have and what we can do with our lives in Arizona.
This week taught me that family is the most important thing to be. To spend time with them and have a career that will be supportive of a family life. Be in a spot that I can be there for my kids and wife when needed. Let me wife have a life outside of being a mom. Just have a happy life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment