Friday, April 22, 2022

W01 Entrepreneurial Journal Blog

 Here we are!  So excited to start this semester and grow my business so much as I can and learn as much as I can along the way with this class.  This week was a fun first week.  The videos got me excited to learn as much as I could to better our engagement with our customers.  I really enjoyed president Hinkley's video.  Excited to make an impact on the world and leave a better life for my kids.

Our business right now is selling pregnancy announcements through Etsy and Amazon.  We've been in business for over six years and the middle years were our best years.  We started slow with $200 of our own money and have grown that $200 into almost $400,000 in revenue.  Our profit margin has been around 60% but our business has slowed down a lot and needs some love. 

I hope this class helps ignite some ideas on what we can do to better our sales, traffic, and maybe even pivot from this business model and see if there is another route we need/should take.  Some things I hope to learn from this class is how to take risks with little cash flow.  How to use what you have without having to spend a ton of money on Facebook ads or others ads for that matter.  We have ran ads in the past which have helped but I think they mainly just brought people to our store without buying.

Another business model I'm interested in is repeat customers.  We get them once every time they have a baby which can't happen that often haha.  So building a business model around getting a customer to keep coming back and wanting/needing to come back. 

I am excited for this class and to keep track of everything I learn on this blog.  Onward and upward we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment